Friday, April 15, 2011

Listen to the Creator


I’m sitting here struggling with a topic for this blog. A couple of ideas came to mind but they didn’t seem to fit the bill.  Why is it that I struggle with this so much? I don’t usually struggle with things to talk about,  but blogging. . .  It’s a lot like having a one sided conversation, the blogger is saying something but there’s no facial reaction, no body language, no verbal response to go by.  I wonder if that’s the way God often feels .  He communicates with us constantly in numerous ways but there’s no response.  How many of us are so busy doing things: working, taking care of family, jogging, shopping, spending time on the internet, driving/riding from one point to another, busy, busy, busy.  We take little time to talk to, much less listen to, the Father who created us. He sends us the beauty of nature and we complain about the snow, the heat, the rain, the weeds. He gives us the miracle of babies yet they are aborted and abused.  He’s provided us with the Eucharist yet how often do we thank Him for the sacrifice of His Son, Jesus?  Holy Week begins in a couple of days as we commemorate Jesus’ entrance into Jerusalem and a few days after that we begin our own “high holy days”, the Triduum.  I pray that during this holy time we really spend time listening to what our Creator, our Father is saying to us and that we strive to truly live as His children.

by Judy Michaud

1 comment:

  1. I often struggle with this same issue, and I don't know how to change it. My children are grown now and away from home, so I do have more time to spend with God, and yet it is so easy to get distracted by the little things...a comfortable chair, a television show, a good book...so many times my intent is to be in silence with God, but thoughts enter my mind, and little human distractions creep in. It has been my goal this Lent to spend more time with God...I do not think I did a very good job, but I know that He loves me anyway, and He knows I have tried my best to be the person He created me to be...so I get up, and try again... Elaine Gordon

    ReplyDelete