Thursday, October 14, 2010

Profound? Not so much.




I’ve had a note on my desk for several weeks now with the word “BLOG” written in large red letters.  It’s supposed to be a reminder that I have a Blog to write. It’s been all over my desk as I move it from one place to the other wondering, “What do I write about?”  I would like to write something profound and moving.  Something truly inspiring. Something worthy of all of you “out in the trenches” so to speak.  Alas, it is not to be.  Again this morning I saw the big red “BLOG” on my desk and said “Lord, what do you want me to write about?”  Immediately, in my mind, I saw an image of my year old grandson laughing.  In a heartbeat, I knew what this blog would be about.

His name is Emerson and I’ve only seen him twice in person because he lives in Alaska.  However, I’ve been blessed to live in a time when we can use Skype and video footage can be sent via email.  I was watching a clip of him the other day.  He was toddling along laughing at the camera and he was so happy! My heart filled with joy & love for this wonderful baby boy. When that image came to mind this morning, I sensed that this is the same reaction our Heavenly Father has when we turn to Him.  I know, it’s cliché. But for me, at that moment , it became a tangible experience of something that is intangible, incomprehensible really because much as I love Emerson, that love pales in comparison to God’s love for me, for us.

Judy Michaud

No comments:

Post a Comment